Thursday, March 17, 2011

Decisions

This is my good friend Alice, on her elegant Tennessee Walking Horse, "Music".

We're just back in from one 4 mile spin on the trails in a Black Forest Treeless Shasta (size two, although we'll be placing her in a size three because of the length of her leg from hip to knee, not because she has a big hiney)...and now she's in the Black Forest Aspen to go out and do another short but intense ride.

I've got her in english leathers and irons here just so that she can feel the difference in the ride, but once out on the trail, she could definitely feel the stability in the Western Endurance Fenders and stirrups that she rode on the Shasta model the first trip out, and she thinks she prefers that for the body position that she rides in on her big-moving horse.  I have to agree.  The cutback on the Grandeur Suspension Pad was exactly what we needed for her slightly higher withered horse.


And here she is on my 14.3 hh Arabian mare Lucy in a black Shasta, size two w/english leathers and Stubben offset safety irons - my personal favorite in the safety iron class.  Note the same Shasta model going from the 17 hh TWH, to the 14.3 hh Arab, and fitting them both.

I love my work. 

I'll keep you posted on which one she chooses.

1 comment:

  1. Alice posted this comment which didn't come through:

    Hey, Vic! I'll not comment on the pictures of me, as I have never liked any except a couple in my whole life! One correction, Music is 16.1, not 17hh.

    Also, the pic of me in the Aspen shows me that I am filling up the whole saddle. When I look down to the seat when I am riding, it looks like I have plenty of room, but the picture says differently. This is very informative to me - maybe why saddles seem to get smaller after awhile! I am more interested in the size three now for sure. I did ride the Aspen size 2 today and had no problem with it, (loved it, in fact!). Can't wait to try the size 3; I will definitely want a pic of me in it to see how much room it actually has over the size 2. Every saddle I've ridden in of yours has been phenomenal - total comfort for me and Music. His perfect back sweat pattern said it the best...

    ReplyDelete

Call Equine Body Shop @ (402) 630-4633 or e-mail me: Vicki@equinebodyshop.com

Copyright 2009 - Equine Body Shop, All Rights Reserved
Graphic and Website Design & Ongoing Code and Maintenance:
Jalapeno Designs